Chocolate Chip Pecan Banana Bread with Cream Cheese Glaze
· 3 or 4 Ripe Bananas Smashed
· 1/3 cup softened or room temperature butter
· 1 cup sugar (you could reduce this to 3/4 cup if your bananas are extra sweet)
· 1 egg
· 1 teaspoon vanilla
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· pinch of salt
· 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
· 1/2 cup nuts (chopped) (pecans or walnuts are best)
· 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Cream Cheese Glaze
· 4 Ounces Cream Cheese
· 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
· 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
· 3 or 4 tablespoons of milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 and grease an 4x8 loaf pan
2. Cream butter and sugar in a medium sized bowl.
3. Add egg, vanilla, bananas and salt and beat for at least 30 seconds to both add air to the batter and to break the bananas down.
4. Add flour and baking soda, beat only until combined. Don't over-mix.
5. Fold in chopped nuts and chocolate chips.
6. Immediately pour into the bread pan and bake for 50 - 60 minutes.
7. Remove from Oven and let sit on a cooling rack in the pan for about 5 minutes. Then carefully turn out of the pan and let cool for 30 minutes (longest 30 minute of your life). Then cover with glaze.
1. Beat Cream Cheese and powdered sugar.
2. Stir in vanilla and 2 tablespoons of the milk. Add milk a little at a time until you reached a glaze consistency.