Makes 1x25cm (10in) base
175g (6ox) strong plain white flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon easy-blend (instant) yeast
150ml (1/4pt) warm water
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Mix the flour, salt and yeast together in a warm bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the warm water and olive oil. Using your hands or a wooden spoon, mix to a soft dough.
2. Turn the dough out on a lightly floured surface and knead it for 5 minutes until it is smooth and elastic. (Kneading is a good exercise - the more vigorous you are, the better the dough!)
3. Return the ball of dough to the bowl, cover with cling film or a clean, damp tea towel, and leave somewhere warm until the dough has doubled in size. This will take between 45 minutes to 1 hour.
4. Preheat the oven to 200 deg C/425 deg F/Gas 7. Lightly oil a baking sheet and put in the oven to heat. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead for 3 minutes.
5. Roll out the dough into a 25cm (10in) circle and place on the heated baking sheet. To shape in the Italian way, you can stretch the dough by hand.
6. Crimp the edges of the dough to stop the toppings falling off. Brush with oil and leave somewhere warm for 10 minutes. Cover with toppings and bake for 25 minutes.
Source: Best Food Fast, Book 11 - Perfect Pizza & Bread ~ Pg 12 & 13
Note: I get 2 large thin base pizza bases out of this recipe