I don’t know of any other desert that is as quick, easy or lovely as a Roly Poly. In South Africa we enjoy this great pudding with apricot jam. In England they tend to enjoy everything with strawberry jam. If I can recommend one, it would be the apricot jam. You have to try it at least once.
Ingredients of desert:
1 cup of flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
A pinch of salt
2 tablespoons of butter
Ingredients for syrup:
2 cups of water
1 cup of sugar
1. Rub the butter in with the flour, baking powder and salt.
2. Beat the egg and mix with a little bit of milk.Â Add to the above.
3. Roll out the dough and spread apricot jam on top.
4. Boil the ingredients for the syrup together and pour into the dish you are going to use to bake the pudding in.
5. Roll up the dough and place in the boiling syrup.
6. Bake the desert in ‘n pre-heated oven at 180 degree celcius for 25 minutes.
Serve the Roly Poly with custard or ice-cream.