Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies
My 5 year old daughter and I make dozens of these every month. They have become a family favourite
§ 1 cup softened butter
§ 1/2 cup granulated sugar
§ 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
§ 2 large eggs
§ 2 1/2 tsp. vanilla
§ 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
§ 3/4 tsp. salt
§ 1 tsp. baking powder
§ 1 tsp. baking soda
§ 18 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
The key to these cookies is not to bake them past the recommended 10 minutes. That way, after cooking they are nice and chewy.
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla.
3. In another bowl , mix together the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda .
4. Combine the wet and dry ingredients.
5. Stir in chocolate chips .
6. With your fingers, place golf ball sized portions 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Bake 9-10 minutes or just until edges are light brown.